No-Bake Holiday Fruitcake
Fruitcakes have been a Christmas staple for decades. They’re colorful, festive, and keep quite well. This no-bake version is great because you can still have a fabulous dessert even if the oven is stuffed full of cookies, appetizers, and side dishes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Chill Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves 9
- Category: Desserts
- 1 (13.5-ounce) package graham crackers, crushed
- 2 (6-ounce) containers dried and sweetened cherries
- 1 (6-ounce) container candied pineapple, chopped
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with plastic wrap, letting the plastic wrap hang over the sides a few inches.
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed graham crackers, cherries, pineapple, condensed milk, and pecans and thoroughly mix with your clean hands. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish, press into an even layer, and cover well. Freeze for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, remove from the freezer, invert onto a serving platter, remove the dish and plastic wrap, and cut into squares.
Keywords: no-bake, holiday, fruitcake, no-bake fruitcake, holiday fruitcake