Pineapple Dream Cake
This sweet little treat reminds me of a menu item at a tiki bar, and I can certainly imagine eating a big slice on the beach or by the pool. A similar color to the sea of big yellow umbrellas that sprawl across the sand, this easy cake is truly a vacation in a pan.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Chill Time:: 12 hours
- Total Time: 12 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 cake, Serves 8-10 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 1 (11-ounce) box mini vanilla wafers
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (7-ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Place a solid layer of vanilla wafer cookies on the bottom of an 8- or 9-inch square deep-dish pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, lemon juice, and condensed milk. Pour the mixture on top of the vanilla wafers in the pan.
- Place more wafers on top and then cover with the whipped topping and the coconut.
- Refrigerate the cake overnight.
- To serve, scoop into individual serving dishes and top each with a cherry.
Keywords: pineapple, cake