Rice Krispies Cake
With a little one at home, I’m always brainstorming new treats I can make for him when he’s old enough. I think a cake like this would be a hit at a kid’s birthday party, especially because he could help me make it!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: Serves 8 - 10 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10.5-ounce) packages miniature marshmallows
- 12 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3/4 cup multi-colored sprinkles
- Red food coloring
- 1 (15.6-ounce) container vanilla frosting
- Spray three 8-inch round pans with cooking spray.
- Microwave the butter in a large microwaveable bowl on high for 45 seconds, or until melted.
- Add the marshmallows and toss to coat.
- Stirring halfway through, microwave on high for 90 seconds or until the marshmallows are completely melted and the mixture is well blended.
- Add the Rice Krispies cereal and 1/2 cup of the sprinkles and mix well.
- Divide into three batches and press evenly into the bottoms of the pans. Cool completely.
- Remove the cereal mixtures from the pans. Add 10 drops of red food coloring to the frosting and mix to combine. Place one on a cake pan and spread 1/3 of the frosting on top. Repeat with the remaining two layers. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of sprinkles on top. Slice and serve.
Keywords: rice krispies, cake