French Silk Pie
Pretzels are my favorite food, so I can’t help sneaking them into even the most unexpected recipes. While not a traditional take on a French Silk Pie with pastry tart crust, this version is just as decadent, and I hope you love the surprising change—a salty pretzel crust.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 pie; Serves 6-8 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Pretzel Crust
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick / 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 3/4 cups crushed salted pretzels
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick / 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- Whipped topping for garnish
- Pretzel Crust
- Grease an 8- or 9-inch pie plate or springform pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the melted butter and honey until smooth. Add the crushed pretzels and mix until combined. Press the mixture ﬁrmly against the bottom and sides of the greased pie plate or springform pan. Transfer to the fridge to chill.
- Meanwhile, make the ﬁlling. Using an electric mixer and a large bowl, cream together the butter and powdered sugar until light and ﬂuffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the melted chocolate, salt, vanilla, sour cream, and espresso powder and mix until combined and smooth.
- Pour the ﬁlling into the chilled pie crust, and return it to the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Serve, topped with whipped topping
Keywords: french silk pie