Banana splits remind me of dating in the ’50s, at least the version I have seen on TV and in movies like Grease with high school students sharing a spoon or straw and enjoying a sweet treat. Life back then sounds a lot simpler than the dating that goes on today, and when I make this dessert for two, I feel like those kids, too.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 banana splits 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick / 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large bananas, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups fresh strawberries (about 1 pound), hulled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter. Press 1/4 cup of the mixture on the bottom of each of four small rectangular glass dishes. They should be about 6 to 8 inches long.
- Top each with a banana half and 1/4 cup of the drained pineapple. Add an even layer of the sliced strawberries.
- Spread a layer of whipped topping on top. Slice the remaining banana halves into 1/2-inch chunks. Garnish with additional graham crackers, bananas, pineapple, and strawberry. Serve immediately.
Keywords: banana, banana split