I hosted a western-themed party one night, as my husband and I both wish we had reasons to wear our cowboy boots daily, and these little haystacks ﬁt in well with the bandanas and horse themed decorations.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 100 haystacks 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 1 (11-ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 (10-ounce) package peanut butter chips
- 1 (11-ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 12 ounces salted cocktail peanuts or sea salt–caramel peanuts
- 12 ounces dry canned chow mein noodles
- Line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, and peanut butter in a large saucepan. Place over low heat and cook, stirring, until the mixture is melted and smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and fold in the peanuts and chow mein noodles.
- Using a small spring-loaded scoop, drop clumps of the mixture onto the baking sheet.
- Set aside at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes until ﬁrm before serving.