Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
I love eating cookies year-round, but when the temperature spikes above 80°F, the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven. These no-bake cookies satisfy my cookie cravings without turn ing my kitchen into a sauna! Plus, the coconut makes these cookies even sweeter than regular chocolate oatmeal cookies.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: Makes 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Pinch of salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick / 1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, peanut butter, coconut, cocoa powder, espresso powder, vanilla, and salt. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Line two baking sheets with wax paper and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe glass bowl, combine the sugar, milk, and butter. Microwave for 3 to 4 minutes on high until the mixture is thick and bubbly. Be careful removing from the microwave as the dish will be hot and the mixture extremely molten.
- Pour the mixture over the oats. Mix together quickly and then, using a spoon, scoop onto the baking sheets. Allow to sit for 1 hour until the cookies are cooled and set.
- Serve or store in an airtight container in a cool place, up to 3 days.
Keywords: chocolate, oatmeal, cookies