These are the perfect treat for a birthday party. The combination of crispy rice cereal, peanut butter, chocolate, and brightly colored sprinkles is every kid’s dream. Whip these together in no time, making them a quick treat to add to a big day!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Makes 32 to 36 bars 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Butter for greasing the baking dish
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup toffee chips
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (11-ounce) bag butterscotch chips
- Multi-colored sprinkles for topping
- Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter.
- Add the toffee chips. Add the crispy rice cereal and mix well. Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the semisweet chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate-butterscotch mixture over the crispy rice cereal mixture and smooth the top.
- Cool and add sprinkles on top before cutting into bars to serve.