It may be hard to believe that you can make a cake without an oven and in only 60 seconds, but it’s true. If you have the ingredients in your ofﬁce, then that breakroom microwave will be kept in continuous use.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Total Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: 1 individual mug cake 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Malted milk balls, cut or crushed, for topping
- Store-bought chocolate sauce, for topping
- In a small bowl, combine the ﬂour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sugar.
- Add the milk and vegetable oil and stir well to incorporate.
- Pour the batter into a large mug.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds. Remove from the microwave and top with malted milk balls and chocolate sauce.
- All microwaves are different. You may need more time for your cake to cook. After 60 seconds, check the cake and place back in the microwave if it is not doughy and solid. There are no eggs to worry about undercooking, so if it is a bit gooey, that is OK, too!
Keywords: mug cake, mug, cake