Caramel Crunch Cracker Bars
What I love about this interactive dessert is that you make it whole, on a baking sheet, and when it’s time to eat (after dinner of course), you can encourage guests of all ages to break it apart, with a hammer or their ﬁngers.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 24 bars 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 80 saltines or club crackers
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- Sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang.
- Line the baking sheet with 1 layer of crackers, cutting to ﬁt if needed.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar, milk, granulated sugar, and vanilla and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour half of the mixture over the crackers and arrange another layer of crackers on top.
- Pour the remaining mixture over the crackers and top with a third layer of crackers.
- Combine the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl or saucepan and melt gently. Pour the melted chocolate over the crackers and spread evenly. Scatter the almonds over the chocolate and add a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before lifting the dessert from the baking sheet and breaking into bars.
Keywords: cracker bars, caramel, caramel crunch