Tropical Breeze Dessert
I can eat more than my fair share of this Tropical Breeze Dessert without feeling like I need to lie down afterward. It’s a palate cleanser that works wonderfully at the end of a big meal.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Chilling Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves 8
- Category: Desserts
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (1-ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (12-ounce) container reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- Sweetened shredded coconut, toasted, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple with its juice and the pudding mix.
- Gradually fold in the whipped topping.
- Stir in the marshmallows and rum extract.
- Place the mixture into eight dessert dishes or glasses.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours until set.
- Garnish with toasted coconut and serve.
- To toast the coconut, cook at 350 degrees F on a baking sheet for 5 to 10 minutes.
Keywords: coconut, tropical breeze