Homemade Strawberry Chocolate Chip Sorbet
Use fresh, ripe strawberries to make this sweet strawberry chocolate chip sorbet, sweetened with a touch of honey.
- Prep Time: 24 hours
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 24 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 1.5 cups 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 2 cups sliced ripe strawberries
- 1 tablespoon real honey
- 1 tablespoon 72% cacao dark chocolate chips + 1 teaspoon
- Freeze your single-serve ice cream maker barrel overnight or for several hours.
- In a blender or food processor, add sliced strawberries and honey. Blend for one minute. It should make about 1 cup, which becomes 1.5 cups when it becomes sorbet.
- If possible, freeze your mixture for 15 minutes to get it extra cold, or if you’re preparing your mix the night before, simply store in the fridge. The colder your mix is when it goes in, the faster it will come together.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and churn for 10 minutes. Add 1 tbsp chocolate chips, and let churn a final 5-10 minutes until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Scoop into a dish, and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- We’re using a single-serve ice cream maker to make a single serving. Multiply this recipe as needed for larger machines.