Cookies-and-Cream Ice Cream Cake
My husband wanted our wedding cake to be an ice cream cake. It didn’t work out, but the point is: he loves ice cream, even more than I do. I made this cake for his birthday one year, and to this day, I think he regrets not insisting on having it at our wedding.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Chill Time: 12 hours
- Total Time: 12 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 cake; serves 8-10 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 9 store-bought ice cream sandwiches
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the cookies into chunks. Set aside 1/3 cup for garnish.
- Add in the whipped topping until well combined.
- On a freezer-safe serving platter, place 3 of the ice cream sandwiches next to each other to form a Spread with 1/3 cup of the topping- crumb mixture. Repeat with a layer of sandwiches, topping mixture, and another layer of sandwiches to make 3 layers of sandwiches. “Frost the cake” with the remaining topping-crumb mixture and sprinkle the reserved crumbs on top.
- Wrap the cake tightly with plastic wrap and place in the freezer overnight.
- Run a knife under hot water to slice and serve.
Keywords: cookies-and-cream, ice cream, cake