No-Bake Coconut Cherry Praline Bites
The extra fun ingredient in these little bites is the dried cherries! The combination of cherries, shredded coconut and chopped praline pecans creates a flavor combo you don’t want to miss.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Chill Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 23 minutes
- Yield: 40 cookies 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 5 ounces dried cherries
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick / ½ cup) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sanding sugar, for serving
- Line an 8 × 8-inch baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the pecans, coconut, and cherries and stir to combine.
- In a medium saucepan, cook the sugar, evaporated milk, corn syrup, and butter over medium-high heat, stirring until it boils. Let it boil, undisturbed, for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add to the bowl with the pecans, coconut, and cherries. Stir for 3 minutes until cooled and thickened.
- Press the mixture into the baking dish.
- Transfer to the refrigerator to harden for at least 1 to 2 hours. Remove the mixture from the baking dish, set on a cutting board, and cut into 1-inch squares. Serve, sprinkled with sanding sugar.