Pistachio Icebox Cake
Pistachios are an underrated ingredient for desserts. In this light summertime dessert, the soft green color of the pistachios looks gorgeous against the white topping. With only five ingredients, this cake is not only elegant, but easy to create.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Chill Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 9
- Category: Desserts
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 (3.4-ounce) boxes pistachio instant pudding mix
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (10-ounce) boxes lorna doone shortbread cookies (55 cookies)
- 1 cup chopped pistachios for decorating
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix until thickened and smooth. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup of the whipped topping and fold the remaining topping into the puddin.
- Layer 25 shortbread cookies in the bottom of the baking dish. Top with half of the pudding–whipped topping mixture. Repeat the layers. Top with the reserved whipped topping. Refrigerate for 8 hours. Crush the remaining 5 cookies and sprinkle over the whipped topping. Top with the chopped pistachios. Slice and serve.
Keywords: pistachio, cake