Everybody loves a good chewy cookie, but not everyone can make them. Even if they are one of the most quintessential desserts, they require the right amount of skill and experience. Sometimes, a recipe can yield one of the most chewy and buttery treats. Other times, it can give you something completely different. Fortunately for you, this is not something that you have to experience with the Jolly Holly Cookies.
As the name suggests, everything about this cookie recipe is “jolly” and fun! All you need is unsalted butter, large marshmallows, food coloring, vanilla extract, cornflakes, and red-hot cinnamon candies for decoration.
While my recipe recommends that you use green food coloring, I invite you to change it up. If you want to use pink, purple, blue, or black, go ahead! Your choice of food coloring will not change the taste, but it will change the appearance, so decide carefully.
In my design, I opted to recreate something reminiscent of the holiday season, that’s why I wanted to incorporate green and red-hot cinnamon candies. But if you want to make these cookies for something else like a birthday party, special event, or an anniversary, you’re free to replace the decorations to match!
More than being a tasty treat, this crunchy and gooey dessert is a way to express your creativity. If it’s not too much of a hassle for you, you can even color each cookie a different shade of the rainbow and decorate the top with equally colorful M&M’s or skittles.
Let your imagination run wild! Make sure to enjoy yourself when you make the Jolly Holly Cookies at home. Plus, don’t forget to take pictures! I’m sure they’ll come out quite Instagrammable. No matter the color, these cookies are sure to pop when you lay them out on the dessert table!Print
Jolly Holly Cookies
Want to make fool-proof cookies that will no doubt win everyone’s hearts? Try making the Jolly Holly Cookies that are quick, easy, and extremely fun!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Setting Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring, more if darker color desired
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups cornflakes
- Red-hot cinnamon candies
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter and marshmallows and heat over medium-low heat, stirring continuously until everything has melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the green food coloring and vanilla.
- Stir in the cornﬂakes.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets about 1 inch apart. Decorate with red-hot cinnamon candies.
- Let stand for 30 minutes until set. Serve.
What color do you think you’ll make?
Am I aloud to print a recipe