Champagne mousse in clear plastic coupes topped with white chocolate shavings and a little edible glitter makes for a dessert that is ﬁt for a princess but is ready in minutes.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Chill Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 individual servings 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons champagne or sparkling white wine
- 1 (0.25-ounce) packet unflavored gelatin
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- White chocolate shavings and edible glitter for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until pale and light.
- Add 1 cup of the champagne and whisk until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into a saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture begins to thicken, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk for another 1 to 2 minutes. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the remaining 3 tablespoons champagne. Set aside to dissolve.
- Heat the gelatin-champagne mixture in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds on high until melted.
- Add the gelatin to the egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Slowly fold the whipped topping into the egg mixture.
- Spoon the mousse into four coupes, garnish with white chocolate shavings and edible glitter, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve.