Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite types of cookies—especially in the fall when cinnamon is at the peak of its popularity. I usually like to add a bit of whipped cream and extra cinnamon on top to really wrap up the flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Yield: Serves 1
- Category: Desserts
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon, and the baking powder until completely combined. Whisk in the milk, butter, and vanilla until the batter is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Scoop a spoonful of batter into a 12-ounce microwave-safe mug, then sprinkle with a spoonful of cinnamon sugar. Alternate layers, ending with the cinnamon sugar.
- Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until the cake puffs up.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Keywords: snickerdoodle, mug cake