These bars have so many mix-ins that they look like wild animals. Or in other words, their zebra stripes certainly show! Take your basic blondie and add white and milk chocolate to it, to create a stripy swirl.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Makes 32 to 36 bars 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and brown sugar until well mixed.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla, ﬂour, and baking powder.
- Put 1 cup of the semisweet chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until melted.
- Combine half the batter with the melted chocolate. Spread the chocolate batter over the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Drop tablespoons of the remaining batter over the chocolate layer and drag a knife through the batter to create zebra stripes.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, the white chocolate chips, and the pecans over the batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into bars, or use a ring mold to cut into circles and serve.
Keywords: zebra bars