Raspberry Oatmeal Cookie Bars
These bars are great any time of day! That’s right, even in the morning. They’re one of my favorite things to make for brunch, since the raspberries and oatmeal add a fruity, healthy kick to a sweet treat.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Makes 9 to 12 bars 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam (seedless, if desired)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/2–1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides of the dish. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ﬂour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix in the rolled oats and brown sugar. Use a fork or your ﬁngertips to form crumbs.
- Work the butter into the oat mixture with your hands until moistened.
- Press 2 cups, loosely measured, of the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Spread the jam in an even layer over the oat mixture. Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the jam, then press down lightly. Sprinkle the almonds over the top.
- Bake for 34 to 38 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
- In a small bowl, mix the confectioners’ sugar with the milk until smooth. Add the vanilla. Drizzle over the top of the crumb bars. Cut into bars to serve.
Keywords: raspberry oatmeal cookie bars, raspberry oatmeal, raspberry, oatmeal