4-Ingredient Artisan Bread
- Prep Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 3 cups warm water
- 2 packets yeast
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for kneading/shaping dough)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine water, yeast, and salt. Allow to rest for 5 minutes. Yeast should bubble.
- Add all the flour, in two batches to the mixing bowl. Combine until well mixed, allowing mixer to continue to stir for 5 minutes to knead the dough.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and set in a warm place for 2 hours. The dough will rise.
- Punch down dough, remove enough dough for the day’s baking. Knead for a minute or two to smooth, and then shape into your desired loaf size. Place on baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Allow dough to rise for 30 minutes.
- Store remaining dough, up to two weeks, in the fridge in a sealed container.
- Bake in 425 degree F oven, 25-30 minutes, depending on loaf size. Crust should be evenly brown and firm to the touch. Allow to cool before cutting.