The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
Everyone has their secret go-to cookie recipe, and I’m pleased to say this one’s my specialty. It’s extra buttery, which makes the dough super creamy and makes the ﬁnal product richer than ever!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: Makes 48 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored vegetable shortening, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (24-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle attachment, cream the brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and shortening on medium speed until pale. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Add the vanilla, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the ﬂour, 1 cup at a time, mixing until each cup is well combined before adding the next. Add the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip, cookies