Sometimes, I get a little jam crazy in the summer. Friends like to give jars away as cute home made gifts, and it’s so hard to resist those adorable stands on the side of the road. This is one of my favorite recipes to turn to when I’ve gone a bit overboard and have half-empty jam jars to use up.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Makes 18 bars 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup all-fruit, no-added sugar strawberry jelly or jam
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, ﬂour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt until mixed and no lumps of brown sugar remain. Stir in the melted butter until well combined. Remove 1/2 cup of this mixture and set aside. Press the remainder evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spread the jelly or jam evenly over the dough and sprinkle with the reserved dry mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into bars to serve.
Keywords: strawberry bars, strawberry