Homemade Cracker Candy
Holiday candy makes for a great gift to bundle up nice and pretty and hand out to everyone you see on a regular basis: the postal worker, your coworkers, you name it! It’s a nice way of showing you care and spreading holiday cheer.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 8 to 10 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 24 round buttery crackers
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces white chocolate morsels, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Arrange the crackers in a single layer in the pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil gently for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour the mixture over the crackers.
- Bake for 5 minutes and remove from the oven. Sprinkle the top with the chocolate chips and return to the oven until the chocolate has melted. Remove from the oven again, and sprinkle the pecans over the chocolate. Drizzle with the melted white chocolate.
- Refrigerate 1 1/2 hours or until firm. Break into pieces and serve.
- The cracker candy can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Keywords: homemade cracker candy, candy