Gooiest Butter Cake
Butter cake is a Southern staple that I adore. It has a dense texture and rich flavor that make it one of my favorite treats. This particular recipe uses a shortcut by incorporating cake mix, so it’s simpler than ever to enjoy anytime.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves 15 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar, plus extra for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 × 13-inch baking dish.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cake mix with 1/2 cup of the melted butter and 1 egg. Press the mixture into the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, the remaining 2 eggs, the remaining 1/4 cup melted butter, and the vanilla until smooth.
- Beat in the confectioners’ sugar until mixed in. Spread the mixture over the batter.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the cake is golden The center will be a bit gooey.
- Let it cool in the pan and dust the top with confectioners’ sugar. Slice and serve.
Keywords: butter cake