3 Ingredient Lemon Bars
Make this surprisingly easy lemon dessert with just three ingredients. It’s a great recipe to whip up when you’re short on time but still want a crowd-pleaser.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 24 bars 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 (16-ounce) lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (21-ounce) can lemon pie filling
- Sprinkles for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9 x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle attachment, combine the cake mix and butter and beat on medium speed until well combined and crumbly. Set aside ½ cup of the mixture, and press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spoon the lemon pie ﬁlling over the top, spreading it into an even layer. Sprinkle the reserved dry mixture over the pie ﬁlling.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the ﬁlling is bubbling and the top begins to lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and top with sprinkles (optional).
- Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares or bars to serve. Store any leftover bars, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.
Crowd pleaser for sure!!! This will stay in my regular rotation for
Potlucks this summer. This is the first of your recipes that I have tried, will definitely try some others out!!!
Great recipe. Turned out well. Surprised at the negative feedback. We had a cardinal rule in the house when I was growing up. And still do – If you don’t like it, don’t eat it.
Sorry…I’m sure this recipe tastes good, but I would expect a healthier recipe from a “food gardening” site. I’m disappointed. Besides, for those of us with severe food intolerances (Celiac Disease, in this case) recipes like this literally do us no good at all.
Sounds interesting, any chance there are Nutritional Values to accompany this info…..I am always looking, specifically, for amt estimated for Cholesterol.