Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream
Grab that angel food cake mix box next time you’re at the store to make this delicious fall take on a classic. The pumpkin purée does make that cake a little less fluffy, but it’s still a super soft cake topped with the softest cinnamon whipped cream in the world.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon crystallized ginger, chopped fine
- 1 (16-ounce) box angel food cake mix
- Vegetable oil as needed for the cake mix
- Egg whites as needed for the cake mix
- Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the angel food cake: In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, pumpkin-pie spice, vanilla, and ginger. Set aside.
- Prepare the angel food cake batter according to the package directions. Carefully fold the pumpkin mixture into the cake batter. Spoon the batter into an ungreased angel food cake pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until the cake is golden and springs back when touched. Let the cake cool completely in the pan. Carefully remove the cake from the pan and set on a serving plate.
- For the cinnamon whipped cream: Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the cream with the confectioners’ sugar and cinnamon until soft peaks form. Spread on top of the cake. Slice and serve.