Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
There is something so special about the simplicity of the peanut butter cookie. They remind me of childhood, go great with a glass of milk after a tough day, and are so easy to make. The combination of peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla practically melts in your mouth. Make a double batch because these disappear fast!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Makes 12 to 16 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, combine all of the ingredients and mix until blended. Do not overmix or the cookies will be tough. Using your hands, shape the dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Press a crisscross pattern onto each cookie with a fork.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes, or until lightly golden just around the edges.
- Cool completely on the baking sheets and serve.
Keywords: soft peanut butter cookies, peanut butter, cookies