Five-Layer Chocolate Cherry Bars
I used to eat so many cherries when I was a kid that I’d stain my ﬁngers red. I always knew the school year was almost over when I’d come home and my mom would have a bowl of these dark crimson beauties on the table. These Five-Layer Chocolate Cherry Bars bring me back to carefree childhood summers, no matter what time of year I make them.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: Makes 24 bars 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter, stirring completely until the mixture resembles wet sand. Press into the prepared baking dish in an even layer. Add separate, even layers of the following ingredients in this order: dried cherries, chocolate chips, coconut, condensed milk, and almonds.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into bars to serve.
Keywords: five-layer chocolate cherry bars, chocolate, cherry