Peanut Butter Bacon Bars
Bacon is no longer just a breakfast food in my house. It makes for the perfect sweet-and-salty treat when mixed with peanut butter and chocolate. Careful—I know from experience how easy it is to get addicted to this devilish dessert.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: Makes 16 bars 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 8 bacon slices
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Drain the grease and chop the bacon coarsely. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, use a whisk to stir together the ﬂour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle attachment, cream together the brown sugar and butter until light and ﬂuffy, about 2 minutes. Add the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add the ﬂour mixture and beat for 1 minute. By hand, stir in half the cooked bacon. Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until ﬁrm.
- Remove the base from the oven, top with the chocolate chips, and return to the oven until the chocolate begins to melt, about 1 minute. Remove the baking dish from the oven. Spread the melted chips with a spatula to make an even layer of “frosting” and top with the remaining bacon and the peanuts. Cool completely before cutting into squares or bars to serve.
Keywords: peanut butter bacon bars, peanut butter, bacon