Heavenly Lime Bundt Cake
There’s just something so wonderful about citrus baked goods. It’s all of the flavor without the sourness associated with the raw fruit. Try this heavenly lime cake for your next family get together and you’ll have people begging you for the recipe.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 to 10 1x
- Category: Bakery
- All-purpose flour for the pan
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box white or french vanilla cake mix
- 1 cup lime yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest plus 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated lime zest plus 1/4 cup lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- For the cake: Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cake mix, yogurt, oil, eggs, and lime zest and juice on low speed for 1 minute. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes. Pour the batter into the Bundt pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
- For the glaze: In a large bowl, beat the confectioners’ sugar, cream cheese, butter, and lime zest and juice until it’s smooth and pourable, but thick.
- Transfer the cake to a serving plate and drizzle the glaze over the cake. Slice and serve.