Cream Cheese Strawberry Cookies
The key to making this dessert simply irresistible lies in the fresh strawberries and in soaking them in sweet fresh juice. This process is called macerating, and it brings out the natural sweet ness in the fruit. They add that extra pop of ﬂavor that reminds everyone of summer sunshine.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: Makes 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 5 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, soak the strawberries in the orange juice for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine 1 1/4 cups ﬂour, the baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, cream cheese, and mascarpone cheese using a hand mixer on medium-high speed until light and smooth. Add the egg, vanilla, and orange zest.
- Slowly add the ﬂour mixture to the cheese mixture until well combined. Stir in the white chocolate.
- Sprinkle the strawberries with the remaining 1 tablespoon of ﬂour and gently toss. Gently fold them into the batter.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets about 1 inch apart. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Chill the cookies in the refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Bake for 14 to 15 minutes.
- Cool for 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve.
Keywords: cream cheese strawberry cookies, cream cheese, strawberry, cookies