Although eating these Peppermint Crunch Cookies by themselves can satisfy your sweet cravings, sometimes, you just want to further enhance your dining experience. Lucky for you, I’m sharing some of my favorite beverages to pair with this sweet, minty, and crunchy delight.
For starters, these cookies are great with coffee or a thick dark hot chocolate. The deep, earthy, and aromatic flavors of these beverages complement the lightness and floral hints of these cookies. Whether you decide to dip them into your drink or eat them one after another, the effect is the same: you can relish the mintiness of the cookies to cool and refresh your mouth — perfect to combat the warmth of these hot drinks.
As good as coffee and hot chocolate are as cookie pairings, they’re not your only options. In fact, you can let your curious and adventurous side have some fun.
One of my favorite beverages to drink with the Peppermint Crunch Cookies is a peppermint mocha. I know it sounds like I’m taking the mint flavor a little too far, but I always did like that extra kick of freshness. If you’re like me, I think you’ll enjoy this pairing too.
I find that the peppermint from the peppermint mocha is subdued by milk and coffee. So, when I drink it with the cookies, I can enhance the flavor and relish its sweet candy menthol aftertaste.
Besides this, fruit teas are another adventurous option you can try to pair with these cookies. Berries, melons, pomegranate, and citrus fruit drinks bring a sweet, tangy, and floral flavor that goes deliciously well with the green, clean, and cooling taste of the peppermint cookies.
Test it out for yourself and see how you can bring the Peppermint Crunch Cookies alive with these beverages.Print
Peppermint Crunch Cookies
Create an extra minty experience for yourself by making these Peppermint Crunch Cookies. They’re cool, refreshing, and sweet, perfect to pair with a good cup of homemade hot chocolate, coffee, or — if you’re feeling adventurous — a peppermint mocha.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Andes mints, chopped
- 1 cup finely crushed round peppermint candies (or candy canes)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and confectioners’ sugar using a hand mixer on medium-high speed until light and ﬂuffy.
- Add the egg, peppermint extract, and vanilla and mix until blended.
- Slowly add the ﬂour and salt and mix until well combined. Fold in the Andes mints.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the crushed candy canes with the sugar in a small bowl. Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each cookie ball in the candy cane mixture and place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden.
- Cool on wire racks. Serve.
What do you think? Do you have a favorite beverage to go with these cookies?