The crispy butter ﬂavor of these Pecan Sandies is too good to have only on special occasions. I like to keep a batch at the ready for when I get my next craving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Chill Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: Makes 36 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl using a hand mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add the salt, nutmeg, ﬂour, pecans, and vanilla and mix well to combine.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Flatten each cookie ball to 1/2-inch thickness using the bottom of a ﬂat glass.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack. Serve.
Keywords: pecan sandies, pecan