Mint Chocolate Cookies
There’s something about mint that adds a little bit of sophistication to any dessert. I love offering these to my in-laws when they come to visit—I get rave reviews every time!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: Makes 36 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 1/2 ounces Andes mints, chopped
- 2 1/2 ounces dark chocolate baking morsels with mint filling
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the ﬂour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another large bowl, cream the unsalted butter and sugar using a hand mixer on medium-high speed until smooth. Beat in the egg and mint extract. Slowly add the ﬂour mixture and beat until combined.
- Fold in the Andes mints and chocolate-mint baking morsels by hand.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: mint chocolate cookies, mint, chocolate, cookies