Texas Gold Bars
You’ll know you’ve struck gold as soon as you take a bite out of these decadent cookie bars. The cream cheese makes these sweets so addicting. They’re named Texas Gold Bars because their golden hue looks like something right out of the Wild West!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: Makes 24 bars 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 16 ounces confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle attachment, combine the lemon cake mix, half the melted butter, and 1 of the eggs. Mix until a consistency of cookie dough is reached.
- Press into the bottom of the baking dish in an even layer.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and mascarpone cheese until smooth. Add the remaining 2 eggs, remaining melted butter, the vanilla, and the lemon zest. Mix well.
- Slowly add the confectioners’ sugar, scraping the bowl down as you go, until light and ﬂuffy.
- Pour the mixture over the cake base.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the top is lightly golden and the crust is starting to crack.
- Cool and cut into bars to serve.
Keywords: Texas gold bars