Crazy Good Cranberry Orange Cookies
If you’re looking for a festive dessert, then these cookies have your name written all over them. The cranberry-orange combination is perfect for the holiday season. They’re going to be snapped up in a hurry!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: Makes 36 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with a hand mixer on medium-high speed until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix in the orange zest and orange juice.
- In a large bowl, combine the ﬂour, baking soda, and salt, then fold the ﬂour mixture into the orange mixture.
- Stir in the cranberries and hazelnuts.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
Keywords: cranberry orange cookies, cranberry, orange, cookies