Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
Make-ahead desserts are my time-saving secret. All I have to do for this recipe is prep the dough ahead of time and pop it in the freezer, and then I can easily bake up a batch whenever I have the time. The combination of butter and cream cheese makes this dough super moist and freezable, so it’s perfect for those weeks when you have a hectic schedule!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Chill Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 23 minutes
- Yield: Makes 30 to 40 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (11.5-ounce) bag chocolate chunks
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ﬂour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt and toss to mix well.
- In a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter and cream cheese and beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat for an additional 2 minutes, until light and ﬂuffy. Add the egg and vanilla, scrape down the bowl, and gradually add the ﬂour mixture until well mixed. Stir in the chocolate chunks by hand.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 2-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours or freeze.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the cookies from the refrigerator for 8 to 10 minutes or directly from the freezer for 12 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Keywords: cream cheese, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip, cookies