Chocolate Chip Bars
These aren’t just ordinary chocolate chip bars. The mix-ins elevate this dessert to a whole different level. With two different kinds of chocolate and a nutty crunch for some texture, you’ll be glad you gave this special cookie a chance!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Makes 18 bars 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the semisweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, walnuts, and brown sugar.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat the cake mix, butter, eggs, and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir half the chocolate chip mixture into the cake batter. Spread the batter over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chip mixture over the batter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until set.
- Cool, then cut into bars to serve.
Keywords: chocolate chip bars, chocolate chip