- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the unsalted butter, shortening, and 1½ cups of the sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the ﬂour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture. Mix until combined, being careful not to over-mix.
- In a pie plate, mix together the remaining ¼ cup sugar and the ground cinnamon.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1½-inch balls. Roll each in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 7 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.