Nothing says comfort food like a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven. But have you ever wondered what would happen if you combined that classic cookie with the irresistible flavors of s’mores? Wonder no more, because this recipe for Homemade S’mores Cookies is about to become your new favorite.
This recipe starts with a classic chocolate chip cookie dough base. But instead of just leaving it at that, we’re adding toppings! The result is a soft and chewy cookie that’s loaded with gooey chocolate and marshmallow bits.
To make these cookies, you’ll need all the classic cookie ingredients like butter, sugar, flour, and eggs, as well as some mini chocolate bars and marshmallows. The dough comes together quickly and easily, though it needs time to chill.
These s’mores cookies are not only delicious, but they’re also versatile. You can customize the recipe by using different types of chocolate chips or mini peanut butter cups. You can also make the cookies larger or smaller, depending on your preference.
This recipe for Homemade S’mores Cookies is a fun and delicious twist on a classic dessert. With the perfect combination of chocolate and marshmallows, these cookies are sure to become a hit with kids and adults alike. So why not whip up a batch today and enjoy a sweet treat that’s sure to satisfy your cravings?Print
Homemade S’mores Cookies
Ready to be the star of your neighborhood bake sale? Not only do these Homemade S’mores Cookies have a unique look with the giant marshmallow on top, but they’re also super tasty to boot! While scorching the top is optional, it really helps to add an authentic, open-fire touch.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Chill Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 42 minutes
- Yield: 16 large cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- S’more Toppings
- 16 miniature milk chocolate bars
- 16 large marshmallows
- For the cookies: In a large bowl, combine the ﬂour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined and smooth.
- Mix the egg and egg yolk into the butter mixture, then add the vanilla.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in the semisweet chocolate chips.
- Cover the dough and chill for 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it soften at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop or your hands, shape the dough into 3-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- For the s’more toppings: Remove the cookies from the oven. Gently place a chocolate bar on top, then press a marshmallow in the center of each.
- Return to the oven for 2 minutes to melt the toppings.
- Turn on the broiler to toast the topping, or use a kitchen torch.
- Cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve.
If you make these Homemade S’mores Cookies, leave a comment below!