Triple Peanut Butter Bars
If you’re a peanut butter lover, these bars are for you! Packed with creamy peanut butter, peanuts and peanut butter chips, these tasty bars are sure to satisfy even the strongest of peanut butter cravings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 24 bars 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 10 ounces peanut butter chips
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle attachment, combine the cake mix, eggs, peanut butter, and melted butter and mix on medium speed until well combined, about 2 minutes. Press approximately two-thirds of this mixture into the prepared baking dish, using your ﬁngers to make an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes, until slightly dry on top. Remove from the oven.
- Spread the peanut butter chips evenly over the baked bottom layer and pour the condensed milk on top. Use your ﬁngers to make tablespoon-size scoops of the remaining batter and drop them randomly over the condensed milk layer. Sprinkle evenly with the peanuts. Bake for 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the center of the bars is ﬁrm. (The toothpick test will not work because of the sticky center layer.)
- Cool on a wire rack completely before cutting into bars to serve.