Oreo Pudding Poke Cake
The gooey cookies and cream center tastes so much like the center of an Oreo cookie, it’s almost unbelievable. If I’m feeling especially indulgent, I’ll even have a scoop of cookies ’n’ cream ice cream on the side!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Chill Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours 55 minutes
- Yield: Serves 12 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box devil’s food cake mix
- Vegetable oil as needed for the cake mix
- Eggs as needed for the cake mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (4.2-ounce) boxes cookies ’n’ cream instant pudding mix (see Notes)
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 8 Oreos, crushed
- Preheat the oven and make the devil’s food cake according to the package directions, using a 9 × 13-inch baking dish.
- When the cake is done baking, use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke several holes all over the cake, making sure the holes go all the way to the bottom. Whisk the milk and pudding mix until thickened and smooth. Let sit for 2 minutes. Pour the pudding over the cake, spreading with the back of the wooden spoon to help push the pudding into the holes. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Spread the whipped topping evenly over the cake and sprinkle with the crushed Oreos. Scoop and serve.
- A combination of 1 (4.2-ounce) box of cookies ’n’ cream instant pudding and 1 (3.4-ounce) box of chocolate instant pudding can be used instead.
Keywords: oreo pudding, poke cake