Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
When it comes to party desserts, there are two camps: those who prefer cake and those who prefer cookie cake. If you’re hosting a party, I recommend making both a conventional cake and this candy-filled cookie cake—you’re sure to win everyone’s favor.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: Serves 8 - 10 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&M’S
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch pie dish or round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed for 2 minutes or until completely smooth and creamy. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat until creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla on medium speed until just combined. Stop the mixer; scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. On low speed, add in the flour mixture until just combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in 1/2 cup of the chopped peanut butter cups along with most of the white chocolate chips and M&M’S (reserving about 2 tablespoons of each for the topping).
- Press the cookie dough evenly into the pie dish. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chopped peanut butter cups and remaining white chocolate chips and M&M’S over the dough. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until the cake is lightly golden brown. (If necessary, cover the cake loosely with aluminum foil after the first 15 minutes of baking to avoid excess browning.) Transfer the pie dish to a wire rack and let the cookie cake cool completely. Slice and serve.
Keywords: chocolate chip, cookie, cake