3-Ingredient Old-Fashioned Shortbread Buttons
Sometimes the best cookies are the simplest ones. Old-fashioned shortbread cookies only need three ingredients to be buttery and delicious. If you want to spruce them up, the small indent in the center lets you add your favorite ﬁlling, like chocolate-hazelnut spread or frosting.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Makes 20 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and confectioners’ sugar.
- Add the ﬂour and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Using your thumb, make a small indentation in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden. Feel free to ﬁll the indentation with chocolate-hazelnut spread or frosting. Serve.
Keywords: 3-ingredient old-fashioned shortbread buttons, 3-ingredient, shortbread