Easy Oatmeal Cookies
This is the cookie recipe I always come back to again and again when whipping up treats for my family. The oats make the grownups feel okay about indulging in dessert while the chocolate convinces the kids to give them a try.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: Makes 36 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 (18.5-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats, and sugar. In another small bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil and eggs.
- Add the oil mixture to the cake mix mixture. Stir in the walnuts, chocolate chips, and vanilla.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart. Bake for 12 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool for 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes. Serve.
- Add raisins, dried cranberries, or dried cherries to the batter. You can also use white chocolate, butterscotch, or toffee chips instead of or in addition to the chocolate chips, or different nuts, such as pecans or cashews.
Keywords: easy oatmeal cookies, oatmeal, cookies, easy