Lemon Crinkle Cookies
The holidays are usually bogged down with such heavy foods that it’s nice to serve something lighter to brighten up the day. These cookies remind me of the sunshine bursting through a cloudy, gloomy winter day and always make me smile.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Yield: Makes 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon very finely grated lemon zest plus
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl on medium speed until smooth. Add the egg, lemon juice, and vanilla. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda on low speed. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and lemon zest,
- Working with about a tablespoon of dough at a time, roll the dough into 1-inch balls between your palms. Roll each ball in the powdered sugar mixture until well coated. Place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until crinkly on top and light brown on the bottom. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Keywords: lemon crinkle cookies, lemon, cookies