Banana Bread Bites
I could probably eat most of a loaf of banana bread in one sitting. It’s so addicting that it’s easy to convince yourself to have one more tiny slice. When you’re feeling too lazy to bake a whole loaf of bread, turn to these cookies for the same satisfying snack in bite-size form.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: Makes 48 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter. Cream with a hand mixer on medium-high speed until light and ﬂuffy. Add the eggs and mix well. Beat in the bananas and vanilla.
- Slowly blend in the ﬂour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in the semisweet chocolate chunks and chopped pecans by hand.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks. Serve.
Keywords: banana bread bites, banana bread, banana