Gooey Turtle Bars
This might just be the gooiest dessert in the bunch! With a combination of chocolate chips, caramel topping, and pecans, you’re going to have the neighbors practically begging you for the recipe.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Makes 24 bars 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 (16.5-ounce) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 (12.25-ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper, with 2 inches of overhang on each long side of the pan.
- Use your ﬁngertips to press the refrigerated sugar cookie dough into the pan in an even layer.
- Sprinkle half the semisweet chocolate chips and pecans over the dough.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat, then stir in the brown sugar and caramel ice cream topping. Raise the heat slightly and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Evenly pour over the chocolate chips and pecans layer. Top with the remaining chocolate chips and pecans.
- Bake until the edges are deep brown, about 30 minutes. The topping will be very runny but will set up as it cools.
- Cool on a wire rack for several hours or overnight before using the edges of the parchment paper to remove the entire layer from the pan for easier cutting.
Keywords: gooey turtle bars, turtle bars