Chewy Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
It’s perfectly acceptable to enjoy cookies for breakfast, wouldn’t you agree? When you add in oats, they become fair game. Grab a few when you’re rushing out the door, and you’ve got your self breakfast on-the-go!
- Prep Time: 45 minutes (includes chilling time)
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: Makes 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl using a hand mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium-high speed for 2 minutes. Add the eggs and beat to combine. Add the vanilla and molasses and mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine the ﬂour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Slowly add the ﬂour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the oats, raisins, cranberries, and pecans.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes or longer if needed.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve.
Keywords: chewy classic oatmeal raisin cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, oatmeal, raisin, cookies